Friday, 30 September 2016
When I think of family as a term the first picture that comes to my mind is a family sitting around a table, laughing, talking, and eating together. Having great time enjoying each other's company.
When I got married I realized that we as a generation have moved forward. Now we have become super advanced. We carry our entire family everywhere in our gadgets. We have WhatsApp groups by the name"family" which keep our small families together and integrated. We have a Facebook wall where our parents get to know that there daughter/son will come late because they are partying at that club with so and so. The Instagram updates the grandparents of all the fun activities that kids are into right now. Twitter is one of the best because it lets us have real conversations and arguments, let us share opinions and even ask for opinions from the third person.
Wow! We have really grown up as a civilization. The best still, the trophy winner for me is FaceTime. Imagine talking, kissing, smiling, making eye contact and sharing jokes that too without sharing same time zone.
Everything is a touch away.
Our virtual world is taking over our real world so fast that we soon will not be even required to run it.
Soon our future generations will have robots. The movies like I robot, the Bicentennial man are not a very distant dream now.
In this Mad World there is just one thing that has kept my family dream alive and that is my Pizza delivery boy. Thanks to him and thanks to those boxes that he get which smell of cheese and freshly baked bread my family is still drawn to the dining table once a week. We hungrily and rather quickly settle around the table and then we talk, we laugh together, we fight over the last piece, we make fun of the silent one, we pass each other pizza slices, Mr. Gupta ask his dad about his diabetes, Mummyji( my mother in law) could say to his son that he is looking so week today, and my family dream comes true for a short while.
I love you Pizza. You let me live my dream once in a while.
Friday, 23 September 2016
OMG! it's really happening. I am going to my babies first ever...hmmm..let me call it social outing class. It's a weekly story telling class with some other activities. I am so so so nervous.
Why? Are you asking me why am I nervous? You have got be really dumb not to know why. But anyways for the benefit of everyone let me give you a few reasons:
1. For starters my baby is just 11months old and her entire social circle development depends on the fact whether the other mums like me or not.
2. Secondly I am not exactly good with babies. Yeah I know I am a mom but my patience levels are already on the verge of bursting. I don't know which innocent soul might end up falling prey to my wrath.
3. Number 3 - mothers are so f***ing advanced these days. There babies are already following various kindergarten concepts, they are making there babies listen to Mozart and introducing them to soft books. Well I am sorry but my baby so far has just learn how to crawl and stand and fall and crawl and stand and fall and... Wait a minute that's all she does right now.
4. There is gonna be a teacher there. I was such an obedient child in school that every word my teacher used to utter was like a universal truth to me. I don't want that much pressure on me right now. Old habits are hard to change you know.
5. And lastly my baby is teething right now. And refusing to eat at all because of all the pain in the gums. So she is looking a little pale inspite of all my efforts to make her eat the entire day. I am scared to face other mommies who are bound to comment,
"aww how thin you are my baby.. Mumma does not feed you at all na..
Basically I am shit scared right now. As I am writing this post I am also keeping track of time. The backward counting has already begun.
3 2 1 ...good morning ma'am!
Tuesday, 6 September 2016
Yeh! I can't find mommy for sometime now. She is always there. Well! I am glad about it. But only she understands me well enough to make sure I never cry. Well daddy is here. The cooler of two, but not that efficient. Hmm.. I like daddy more. Why? You ask me why? There are thousands of reasons let me tell you a few.
21 Reasons why I love daddy more than you mommy
1. He is always happy and relaxed while you are always worried for something or other.
2. He lets me eat anything and everything while you are always making this sound "no no no" when I try to eat stuff from the floor.
3. He lets me sip his special milk which tastes bitter but is sweet with so much froth on the top.
4. He feeds me breakfast from his own plate.
5. He does not wipe my face, my hands and my legs at all. I hate it completely when you do that.
6. He does not bother me so much for changing my cloths.
7. Also he lets me roam around in my diapers alone.
8. He lets me watch stuff on his shiny device.
9. I also get to eat the shiny device once we are done watching.
10. He never give me any of that white bland thingy to eat which you force down my throat everyday.
11. He swing me higher than you could ever imagine.
12. He lets me drive his car. I sit right in his lap and steer the wheel.
13. I sleep whenever and wherever I want to.
14. I also get to sleep on his face, on his tummy and everywhere else I feel like.
15. I can crawl everywhere. There are no restricted areas under his reign.
16. I can chew the earphones. Oh god ! They are so chewy.
17. I can chew his watch.
18. I can chew his key rings.
19. I can chew his belt.
20. We play "snatch the specs he wear over his eyes" all the time. That's such a fun game. I usually win.
21. I broke one of those specs once and had a gala time crawling around everywhere and chewing his shoes while the poor man tried to fix it with some glue.
There are so many other things mommy but I think you get my point now.
After all this I still love you mom. Not as much as I love daddy though.
PS: Bonus : he puts me in front of the air conditioner whenever I cry. Oh ! How it reminds me of my evening strolls by the sea with you both in Goa.